Domin are looking for an experience high performing data engineer to join our growing team.
Apply here : Domin Job Application
Domin develop and bring to market highly disruptive digital power products and systems. Combining, optimising and integrating diverse and challenging disciplines such as fluid mechanics, structural engineering, high speed electric machinery, advanced electronics and control, advanced manufacturing including Additive Manufacturing and Internet of Things connectivity, we are developing customer solutions with application across a range of sectors, including industrial, energy, automotive and aerospace.
We believe in operating a highly vertically integrated business with a flat open structure, where engineering capability and speed to market are placed at the forefront. We have a team of highly skilled design and development engineers in the UK, operating out of our product development facility in Cheddar. We have a skilled team of R&D and production engineers in our Production facility in Mielec, Poland, where we develop cutting edge production-ready manufacturing technologies such as motor winding and additive manufacturing, and ramp our products to volume manufacture.
We are on a journey to make a positive impact on the world, placing stakeholder value at the core of all that we do, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us on this mission.
We are looking for a driven and self-motivated senior data engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be a key part of our transition from developing high efficiency products to full production within the company and will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. They will work across the business to develop and implement a data capture and management architecture to link our emerging production and in-service monitoring systems, then use this data to drive efficiency and improvement in our production process and products, and also provide an increased service to our customers (eg condition monitoring, preventative maintenance etc). This is a capability we expect to grow in the business across the coming years, and it is expected that the candidate will actively contribute to and lead the development and growth of a high performing digital team.
Candidates will be remunerated with a competitive salary and will be given the flexibility of having every other Friday as a day off, promoting a positive work life balance.
- Degree level education in computer science, data science or closely related subject
- Deep knowledge of database design and multiple programming languages
- Experience in putting in place IoT platforms and integrating multiple business operating tools
- Ability to optimise data retrieval and develop dashboards, reports and other visualisations to allow sharing and understanding of data
- 5 or more years industry experience
- Knowledge and experience in applying machine learning algorithms to large datasets to create predictive modelling capabilities.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures, aligned with business requirements across product design, manufacture and in-service support
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality at all stages of product lifecycle
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods to provide insight and improvement of products and their operation
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modelling
- Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Build, develop and manage growing team of data engineers
Apply here : Domin Job Application