Domin Fluid Power are looking for an inquisitive and goal driven Graduate Development Engineer to join our young expanding team.
Started in 2012, Domin is a product development company specialising in the development of fluid power subsystems and systems using metal additive manufacturing. We are looking for enthusiastic forward-thinking engineers who are passionate about developing cutting edge technology.
The successful candidates will be given a variety of tasks and responsibilities during their time here. The successful candidate will be given ownership of development activities to test and validate novel design prototypes. There are a wide variety of programmes being currently run including, but not limited to, world leading valve technology, novel pump designs, hydraulic systems integration. The candidate will be involved in both short term goals and longer term project specific goals to deliver outcomes focussed on developing value for the target customers. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to work alongside both senior engineers as well as recent graduates which will help candidates develop all the skills they require for successful careers as engineers, managers and business leaders.
Candidates will be remunerated with a competitive graduate engineer’s salary and will be given the flexibility of having every other Friday as a day off promoting a positive work life balance.
- A 2:1 Degree in Mechanical, Integrated Mechanical and Electrical, Aerospace, Automotive or similar Engineering.
- High level analytical skills
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work proactively
- Enthusiasm to succeed in the chosen career path
- Desire for continual learning and improvement
Role and responsibilities;
- Product development
- Test and investigation of novel hydraulic prototypes to understand new digitally integrated concepts in the Fluid Power Industry
- Test rig automation
- Design and procurement of test rigs
- Engineering presentations and reports.
- Investigating manufacturing techniques and manufacturing cells for long term manufacture.
- Work will mainly be carried out in Cheddar however, some days will require work to be carried out in an office in Coombe Lodge in Blagdon