Domin are looking for an innovative and highly effective Design Engineer to join our growing team.
Apply here : Domin Job Application
Domin develop and bring to market highly disruptive digital power products and systems. Combining, optimising and integrating diverse and challenging disciplines such as fluid mechanics, structural engineering, high speed electric machinery, advanced electronics and control, advanced manufacturing including Additive Manufacturing and Internet of Things connectivity, we are developing customer solutions with application across a range of sectors, including industrial, energy, automotive and aerospace.
We believe in operating a highly vertically integrated business with a flat open structure, where engineering capability and speed to market are placed at the forefront. We have a team of highly skilled design and development engineers in the UK, operating out of our product development facility in Cheddar. We have a skilled team of R&D and production engineers in our Production facility in Mielec, Poland, where we develop cutting edge production-ready manufacturing technologies such as motor winding and additive manufacturing, and ramp our products to volume manufacture.
We are on a journey to make a positive impact on the world, placing stakeholder value at the core of all that we do, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us on this mission.
We are looking for a driven and self-motivated design engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be a key part of a growing design and product development team within the company.
They will work across a range of projects and products including, but not limited to, pumps, valves, active suspension systems, compact integrated hydraulic power packs and advanced test rigs. The candidate will be given both specific and long-term goals within the project or projects they are working on.
Candidates will be remunerated with a competitive salary and will be given the flexibility of having every other Friday as a day off, promoting a positive work life balance.
- Degree level education in Mechanical Engineering or closely related subject
- Experience with CAD and producing technical drawings
- Experience with mechanical finite element simulation
- Understanding of machining processes and their relevance in mechanical design
- Understanding of additive manufacturing processes
- Good written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Motivated and professional personality
- 2 or more years industry experience
- Experience with CFD simulation
- Experience using Creo Parametric
- Experience of preparing build files using Materialise Magics or Renishaw QuantAM.
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience with designing parts to be produced using additive manufacturing processes
- Understanding of material fatigue theory
- Broad understanding of related engineering subjects
- Design of prototype and production products
- Design of rigs and tools for use in product manufacture and testing
- Management of product manufacturing documentation, including CAD, drawings, bill of materials and AM build files
- Finding and communicating with suppliers for prototype production
- Providing design support throughout product manufacture, assembly and testing
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary and international team to deliver world leading products
- Assist your peer’s development towards best working practice for product design, manufacture and testing
- Assembly and rework of small volume prototypes and products
- Take part in peer review processes to ensure the quality of the departments work is maintained
Apply here : Domin Job Application