Domin are looking for a high achieving, innovative and goal driven Analysis & Simulation Lead to join our growing team.
Domin develop and bring to market highly disruptive digital power products and systems. Combining, optimising and integrating diverse and challenging disciplines such as fluid mechanics, structural engineering, high speed electric machinery, advanced electronics and control, advanced manufacturing including Additive Manufacturing and Internet of Things connectivity, we are developing customer solutions with application across a range of sectors, including industrial, energy, automotive and aerospace. We believe in operating a highly vertically integrated businesswith a flat open structure, where engineering capability and speed to market are placed at the forefront. We have a team of highly skilled design and development engineers in the UK, operating out of our product development facility in Cheddar. We have a skilled team of R&D and production engineers in our Production facility in Mielec, Poland, where we develop cutting edge production-ready manufacturing technologies such as motor winding and additive manufacturing, and ramp our products to volume manufacture.We are on a journey to make apositive impact on the world, placing stakeholder value at the core of all that we do, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us on this mission.
We are looking for a driven, experiencedand self-motivated design and analysis & simulation engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will work in our Engineering team, reporting directly to the CTO, developing capability, tools and knowledge in advanced analysis and simulation methods and deploying these onto our range of prototype and production components and systems. They will work across a range of projects and products including, but not limited to, pumps, valves, active suspension systems, compact integrated hydraulic power packs and advanced test rigs. The candidate will be given both specific and long-term goals within the project or projects they are working on.Candidates will be remunerated with a competitive salary and will be given the flexibility of having every other Friday as a day off, promoting a positive work life balance.
- Proven industry experience in development and deployment of advanced analysis and simulation methods and tools, including CFD, FEA, electric motor/magnet modelling and optimisation algorithms and workflows
- Knowledge and experience of electrohydraulic systems highly preferable
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work proactively
- Enthusiasm to succeed in the chosen career path
- Desire for continual learning and improvement
Roles & Responsibilities
- Technical authority for analysis and simulation work within the company, including CFD, FEA, electromagnetic analysis,simulation and optimisation –responsible for ensuring consistency and quality of work carried out by team
- Develop, validate and deploy analysis tools, workflows and processes that give real-world benefits to our products and customers, and keep us at the forefront technically in the industry in alignment with our technology strategy
- Lead development of key products and technologies, working with team internally and customers externally to deliver complex components and systems
- Develop team members to improve skills in analysis and simulation, with a goal of having a team with a high number of advanced engineers
- Ensure a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and quality is enabled and maintained, in accordance with the company values